Aka the best accidentally delicious lunch ever
Today I wanted to use the little honey posts I purchased earlier today from the Arataki Honey Farm. My initial thought was to try and recreate a salad I had read on Undressed Skeleton which included pears dipped in honey, coated in coconut. But then I got home and realised we didn’t have any coconut. So this is what I used:
- 1/4 avocado, cut into cubes
- 5 slices of peach, cut into cubes (from a tin)
- 1/2 nashi pear, cut into cubes
- 1/4 of a TONZU vegetarian luncheon roll, diced
- 1 asparagus cut into 2 cm lengths
- 3/4 cup of diced pumpkin
- handful of baby spinach leaves
- Drizzle of Kamahi honey (courtesy of the Arataki Honey Farm!)
1) Roast pumpkin with cinnamon sprinkled on top at 180 degree Celsius for about 15-20 minutes. Add asparagus for last 10 minutes.
2) Add all ingredients to your serving bowl and drizzle with honey to serve.
Very refreshing and delicious! I will definitely be making it again.